In this video, I walk you through how I make Kitchari. This one-pot easy meal is great to be used for a detox.
It’s easy to digest ingredients and spices will give your body a much-deserved rest.
• 1⁄4 tsp black mustard seeds
• 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
• 1 small pinch asafoetida (hing) powder
• 1⁄2 tsp turmeric powder
• 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder
• 1⁄2 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp rock salt *Note: You can use 1 Tablespoon of Kitchari Spice Mix instead of the above.
• 2-3 TBS ghee (clarified butter)
• 1 cup split yellow mung dal, rinsed well, soaked overnight and drained
• 1 cup white basmati rice, rinsed well and drained
• 4-5 thin slices of fresh ginger root
• 6 cups of water