Cleansing our homes, workplaces and bodies is an essential part of getting ready for a change of season. This cleanse is not just a matter of scrubbing off things, but it’s also a mental process, letting go of clutter and unneeded things, habits, etc.
In this Krya Yoga class, we cleanse the body through breath and sound to activate the chakras.
When practicing Kriya Pranayama, we are able to merge two energies (Prana and Apana) that come into action in the spine at the same time. As a result of their union, a new state of energy within the body is created known as Samana. This Samana enters the thinnest channel of the spine. It is at the level of the spine where we have our seven centers of energy aligned throughout the body.
- The first chakra is the Root chakra (seed mantra Lam).
- The second chakra is the Sacrum (seed mantra Vam)
- The third chakra is the Solar Plexus (seed mantra Ram)
- The fourth chakra is the Heart (seed mantra Yum)
- The fifth chakra is the through )seed mantra Ham)
- The sixth and seventh chakras are the Third Eye and Crown (seed mantra Aum)
During the yoga flow, we also use Kaphalabathi breathing, which is an active exhalation and passive inhalation.
Once you finished this Yoga practice, it would be great if you could sit quietly and do a few rounds of Alternate Nostril breathing and then meditate for 10 minutes.
Let me know how you feel afterwards.